To ensure that your loved ones won’t suffer financially after your death, you will want to make certain that they have access to money that can help both settle your final expenses and provide for them in the long-term. Quality life insurance benefits will be the solution to this need.
If you choose McDonald Insurance Group as your local source of life insurance, you’ll have our guarantee that you will get the perfect life insurance for your financial objectives. Our goal is to ensure that you receive a policy that is affordable, adaptable to your changing needs, and that will guarantee your survivors a strong financial benefit.
For more information, or to get your search for life insurance started, call us at 303-957-1742 or request your no-obligation quote online now!
Common Life Insurance Questions
How Does Life Insurance Work?
You don’t want to leave your loved ones in a financial bind simply because you aren’t there to provide for them. Life insurance will ensure this doesn’t happen.
If you carry a life insurance policy on yourself, then you will designate a sum of money—a death benefit—that the insurance policy will provide to a designated beneficiary (usually a family member) upon your death. With access to life insurance funds, your family will be able to pick up the pieces of your loss and move on with their lives without facing monetary troubles.
What is Whole Life Insurance vs. Term Life Insurance?
There are two primary types of life insurance:
Term Life Insurance: A term life policy provides a death benefit to your loved ones if you die during the policy’s term. This term might be a period of 10, 20, 30 or more years, depending on the expiration date of the policy. If you do not die during this time, then the policy does not pay. You will also have to reapply for a new policy if you want to continue to have coverage.
Whole Life Insurance: Whole life policies last for the remainder of your life once you enroll. They will not expire unless you stop paying for them. Additionally, these plans offer cash value investment opportunities, and the cash value component can enable you to receive a source of income during your lifetime (in addition to the eventual death benefit).
Several more specific policies also exist, including:
- Universal Life Insurance
- Final Expense Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Individual Life Insurance
- Key Person (Key Men) Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Mortgage Protection Insurance
- Second-To-Die Policy
Speak to one of our agents to learn more about which type of policy is best for your needs.
How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?
The amount of life insurance you need is entirely up to you. For example:
- If you want a policy to help pay for a child’s college education, then a 20-year term policy might be best for you. You can let the policy terminate at the end of the term, but you can rest assured that if you do die before your child graduates college, this policy will pay for their tuition and other expenses.
- Many people tie the value of their life insurance policies to the value of their debts—mortgages, car payments, etc. If you die while these debts are outstanding, then your beneficiary can use the money to settle expenses.
- Some people tie the benefit to their income and leave a certain number of years’ worth of their paycheck to their survivors. So, if you were to take your current paycheck and multiply it by ten, then your death benefit will provide ten years’ worth of income to your family.
All in all, you are free to choose a death benefit that is as big or as small as you like. Our agents are committed to helping you find the perfect amount of coverage for you.
How Much Does Life Insurance Cost?
Life insurance premiums vary based on multiple risk factors like your age, income, chosen coverage limits and other demographic factors.
Many people worry that they won’t be able to afford life insurance because they have a pre-existing condition or because they work in a high-risk occupation. This is not a mindset that we take when working with our customers. Our priority is to make life insurance affordable and attainable for everyone, no matter where they are in their life.
Contact us to learn more about life insurance or request a free quote now.