Business Owners Policy (BOP) Insurance
Owning a business can be exciting and rewarding, but doing so also exposes you to significant financial risks. Fortunately, a business owners policy (BOP) can provide your company with essential insurance coverage and financial protection.
What Is a Business Owners Policy?
BOPs are an integral part of an adequate insurance portfolio for many eligible small- and medium-sized businesses. These arrangements cast a wide safety net across many common incidents from which losses and damages may arise. BOPs combine several critical types of insurance into a single policy that can offer both convenience and cost-effectiveness for policyholders.
What Does a Business Owners Policy Cover?
While a BOP may not fulfill every business’s insurance needs, these plans generally cover common risks and exposures that most companies may face. In most cases, an adequate BOP will include the following:
- General liability insurance—If your business is responsible for an incident that affects a third party, this coverage can provide financial assistance for the following:
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Legal expenses
- Commercial property insurance—This coverage can help repair or replace property used to operate your company, such as the following:
- Business interruption insurance—If your organization is forced to cease its regular operations temporarily, this coverage, also known as business income insurance, can help pay for the following:
- Mortgage payments
- Lost income
- Employee wages
- Loan payments
- Tax payments
Most BOPs include the aforementioned components, but additional insurance may still be necessary to help your business avoid gaps in its coverage. Take time to analyze your operations and augment your coverage with additional policies, such as the following:
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
- Commercial umbrella insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance
Get the Right Coverage
Even the most responsible business owners may not be able to suppress all risks and exposures. Certain incidents may be inevitable regardless of how safe you attempt to keep your workplace. With that in mind, a sufficient insurance portfolio, including a BOP, is necessary. Without adequate coverage, you may have to pay high out-of-pocket costs following an incident, which could have irreparable ramifications for your company’s future.
McDonald Insurance Group is here to help. Our agents aim to help individuals, families and businesses in the Littleton area assess and address their insurance needs. Contact us today to get started.